REQUEST FOR QUALIFIED CONTRACTORS
Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation is seeking qualified contractors to participate in its owner occupied and purchase rehabilitation programs. The agency receives state and federal funding through the City of Cape Coral to provide these rehabilitation services. The following information must be submitted and the application approved before a contractor is allowed to perform any work for the City of Cape Coral Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program.
1. Submit a completed/signed application and certification of compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
2. Possess a valid State of Florida General Contractor’s License or County Certificate of Competency and Qualified Business License in his/her own name and submit a copy with the application.
3. Be registered with the City of Cape Coral in active status.
4. Provide three written references from customers, sub-contractors, or material supply houses.
5. Provide a copy of contractor liability insurance.
6. Provide a copy of workers compensation insurance or exemption.
7. Be free of any substantiated complaints or violations during the prior 2 years.
8. Maintain a consistent record of passed inspections with no lengthy construction delays during the prior 2 years.
9. Have pulled permits and built or rehabilitated at least three homes within the last 2 years. Contractors who have recently received their license will still be considered and may be approved with a probationary status.
10. May not be on the federal Excluded Parties List System. The Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) includes information regarding entities debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, excluded or disqualified under the nonprocurement common rule, or otherwise declared ineligible from receiving Federal contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain Federal assistance and benefits.
11. Be willing to perform in accordance with the agency’s contractor guidelines.
Once a Contractor is approved, he/she will be placed on the “Approved Contractors List” and will be eligible to bid on construction and rehabilitation projects. A bid package will be sent to the Contractor for the next available project let out for bid.
The above information must be submitted with the application. Applications can be downloaded online at www.capecoralaffordablehousing.com or picked up at the CCHDC office located at 824 SE 47th Street, Cape Coral, FL 33904.
QUALIFIED CONTRACTOR APPLICATIONPlease refer to the Contractor Performance Manual, Section I – Requirements. Attach copies of the following items:
FOR OWNER OCCUPIED AND PURCHASE REHABIITATION
1. Three written references from customers, subcontractors, or material supply houses
2. Current Contractor’s license or other licensure
3. Contractor liability insurance
4. Workers Compensation insurance or Exemption
5. Resume of previous construction services provided
6. Financially Responsible Officer or Authorized to Execute Contract
7. Certification for compliance with city, county, state, federal laws and regulations
A. General Information
Corporate or Business Name:
Federal Employer Identification Number:
Primary Business Address:
Qualifier Name: Title:
Office Number: Fax Number:
Cell Phone Number: Mobile Number:
B. Data on Contractor and/or Principals:
________________________ Name Telephone Number
Title Social Security Number
Name Telephone Number
Title Social Security Number
C. The undersigned contracting firm agrees that in consideration of being placed upon the “Approved Contractors List”, they have read, understand and will comply with the terms and conditions outlined in the Contractor Manual for all rehabilitation work performed on properties located within the City of Cape Coral.
Authorized Signature Title Date
CERTIFICATION FOR COMPLIANCE WITH CITY, COUNTY, STATE, FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
I, agree to comply with all City, County, State, Federal laws and regulations, including, but not limited to the following:
CONFLICTS OF INTERESTThe contractor covenants that no person who presently exercises any functions or responsibility on behalf of the City in connection with this agreement has any personal financial interests, direct or indirect, with the contractor. The contractor further covenant that, in the performance of any contract, no person having such conflicting interest, shall be employed by the contractor. Any conflict of interest attributable to the contractor or its employees must be disclosed in writing to the city immediately upon discovery
The contractor is aware of the conflict of interest laws of the State of Florida, particularly, Chapter 112, Part III, Florida Statutes; and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, particularly, 24 CFR Part 570 § 570.611, and agrees that it shall fully comply with all respects to those provisions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITYThe contractor agrees that it will comply with equal opportunity requirements, which require that no person in the United States shall on the ground of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under, any program or activity funded in whole or in part with State or Federal funds.
DEBARMENT/SUSPENSIONThe prospective lower tier participant certifies, by submission of this certification, that neither it nor its principals is presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency.
Where the prospective lower tier participant is unable to certify to any of the statements in this certification, such prospective participant shall attach an explanation to this certification.
ZONING CODES AND BUILDING CODESThe contractor must comply with the Minimum Housing Quality Standards, the Florida Building Code and other standards established by the City of Cape Coral Department of Community Development or other City agency, as deemed necessary by such agency.
NON-SEGREGATED FACILITIESThe contractor certifies that he does not maintain or provide for his employees any segregated facilities at any of his establishments, and that he does not permit his employees to perform their services at any location, under his control where segregated facilities are maintained. The contractor agrees that he will obtain identical certifications from proposed subcontractors exceeding $10,000 which are not exempt from the provisions of the Equal Opportunity Clause and that he will retain such certification in his files.
Furthermore, the contractor certifies that:
1. He is not a contractor of a foreign country included on the list of countries that discriminate against U.S. firms published by the Office of the United States Trade Representatives (USTR).
2. He is not or will not enter into any subcontract with a subcontractor or a foreign country included in the list of countries that discriminate against U.S. firms published by the USTR.
3. He will not provide any product of a country included on the list of foreign countries that discriminate against U.S. firms published by the USTR.
Print Name: Date
Social Security Number:
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF LEE
Sworn to and subscribed before me this day of , 2009, by , who has/have produced photo identification or is personally known to me and who did/did not take an oath.
My Commission Expires:
Notary Public, State of Florida