The Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program is designed to help low-income homeowners in the City of Cape Coral.
To apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the City of Cape Coral.
- You must be determined income eligible. Proof of income is required.
- Your property taxes and mortgage payments must be current.
- You must agree to sign a lien that secures the amount of repairs . The lien is forgiven after 15 years as long as the home remains your primary residence; very low income persons receive a reducing lien after 10 years.
- No payments or interest due. Application fee is paid when work is ready to start.
- Emergency assistance available to correct life, safety and health threatening situations.
- Eligible repairs include roofing, air-conditioning, septic systems, plumbing, garage and entry doors, flooring and more!
Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation CCHDC -
Who do we help?
The program goal is to preserve homeownership for low-income persons, prevent blight and slums in our neighborhoods and provide safe and decent affordable housing.We can help.
Low Income Families & Individuals.The housing rehab program helps only low incomepersons.Housing repairs cover all major home systems and correct safety issues.
Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs.Eligible repairs include improvementsthatremovebarriersandimprovemobility and access to the home.Ramps, grab bars, andbathroommodifications andretrofitting are eligible for assistance.
Elderly.The housing rehab program helps elderly residents remain in their home by helping them defray the cost of major repairs.
Help with Code Enforcement Violations.The housing rehab program works with City officials to correct code violations for low-income residents.Our agency will contact officials to let them know you are working to correct the problem.
Persons are assisted in the order in which they apply. Emergency situations which may potentially threaten life and safety may be assisted immediately after being determined eligible. (239) 471-0922 Fax (239) 471-0915